April 2, 2009

UPDATE TO ALMOST ONE YEAR OF STEM CELLS

WOW!! It has been one year since we experienced the wonderful outpouring of love and care from friends and the community with a Fund Raiser for my trip to Bangkok Thailand for my own "adult" stem cell transplant! What a wonderful memorable day of food, fun, games, music, all from friends, co-workers, and even strangers who had read about the fund raiser in the newspaper. You can see some of the pictures of that day on Hutchinson's Island in Port St. Lucie Atlantic Ocean shores.

Now after having experienced in the Bangkok International Heart Hospital the most incredible health care I ever received and yet in "third world country" I can truly say I feel and am doing much much better. My heart function has improved, my nightly struggle to sleep propped up on four pillows is gone, my walking with shortness of breath has disappeared, my water retention has come under control, my fainting spells have stopped, the stars I would see after standing up no longer appear, and a new sense of hope has surged my spirit and life.

I still have a long way go with severe mitral valve regurgitation and chronic atrial fibrillation. My goal is to have the new percutaneous mitral valve repair kit where a clip/spring is put on the mitral valve so that it can close properly. That will help with the pumping action be more effective and thus the heart can have a chance to increase it's output of blood. Once that is working more effectively the atrail fibrillation will have a chance to correct itself for the heart won't be so confused as to what is happening.

So this is where I am at. Feeling better, but still weak and slow, but making progress. "Little by little makes a bundle." From an old African proverb.

Join with me in concentrated specific pray and positive thoughts for God's perfect timing and plan to work out all the while developing in wisdom, growth, and maturity. It's all good!!!

It's been one year. I am grateful for ever step and the gracious wonderful loving support from everyone from all over the world.

Mike Rumble

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dad, thanks for the update...Keep up the recovery!
    Love,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete

1. Hit comments
2. Write comment in box
3. select annoynomous box
4. Hit publish comment
You're done!