June 5, 2009

A VERY INTERESTING EVENT COMING UP SOON

A very big challenge and event coming up next month for me and I am absolutely excited about what can and could transpire! I will tell you more about it when I get ...........Well, I might as well tell you.

I am going on a full one week retreat of SILENCE at the St. Ignatius Jesuit Retreat Center on Long Island in NY. Here I will have "no" contact with the outside world for one full week and no talking. No TV, radio, newspaper, phone, internet, watch, no clocks, and no talking with anyone. I will be with others who will be there in this large mansion owned by the Jesuits and will contemplate, pray, read, journal, listen, be quiet, watch, observe, notice, hear, and be able to allow the noise and clutter of our very cluttered noise filled world to be stilled and for my soul to be able to express its still small voice of truth and life. I will have the opportunity to hear God while walking on the beautiful grounds over looking the Ocean or while strolling through the woods.

I will not have to worry about anything on earth, no cooking, no cleaning, no chores, no tasks, no calls, only silence. Eating in silence with about 20 other people there too who will be on the retreat. There will be a bonding in the silence!!

I eagerly anticipate this never before experience of one week of full concentration on just silence, listening, and hearing. I have never gone that long without talking or using a phone, etc. Many people have said, "I could not do it, I don't think I could do that, or I would go crazy." But really you could, it is just a matter of a mind set, that's all.

So if you see from July 24-31st you can't get a hold of me it is because I am on this retreat on Long Island NY.

I will keep you all posted. Yea, I can finally escape from the noise and clutter of this world for a little while! It could be a life changing event in that the new insights which can come from my eternal soul that are just laying there dormant will be able to be heard and be integrated into my life.

Later, Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

1. Hit comments
2. Write comment in box
3. select annoynomous box
4. Hit publish comment
You're done!