September 21, 2008

MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENSE

August 29th 2008 I made the difficult decision to take a medical leave from work so as to give my healing heart more time for recovery and rejuvenation. After going back to work on the 28th of July I began to realize after the second week that I was beginning to slip back physically. There were heart palpitations, angina, shortness of breath, weakness, dizziness, and feeling as if I were going to fall over. So in consultation with my physician and much agonizing thoughts and prayer, it was decided that for my own health care it would be better to take more time from work and rest and recuperate. It was suggested by the physicians that the stress hormone works havoc on an already weak heart and that complicates the healing process. So now with not working the heart has a better and faster chance for recovery. It usually takes around a year to see improvement on average anyhow. Also, I need to have a Mitral Value Repair where they put a spring on the value so that it can close after it pumps out the blood. Right now, it does not close and blood falls back down in the value further increasing the amount of work that the heart much carry on.

I am deeply grateful for everyone's affirmation and support with the decision. I have received great praise for following "self-care" and I am very thankful for that validation! Thank you so much. Mike

THERE WILL BE RELECTIONS AND MEDITATIONS RESUMED SHORTLY.....................................:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

1. Hit comments
2. Write comment in box
3. select annoynomous box
4. Hit publish comment
You're done!